Terms of Service / Conditions d'utilisation
Welcome to English-Online ("Site"). The following Terms of Service Agreement ("Agreement") governs your access to and use of the Site. Please review the entire Agreement carefully. By accessing or using our web site at https://english-online.fr, you (the "User") signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service ("Terms of Service" or "Agreement"), whether or not you are a registered member of English-Online.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these Terms of Service at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes to these Terms of Service on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. Your continued use of the Service or the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms of Service, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Service or the Site. It is your responsibility to regularly check the Site to determine if there have been changes to these Terms of Service and to review such changes.
Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. This Site is intended solely for users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Registration by, use of or access to the Site by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these Terms of Service. By using the Service or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older and that you agree to and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use English-Online or are a Member. English-Online may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
You acknowledge that English-Online reserves the right to charge for the English-Online Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion.
At no time will you be charged without your prior knowledge and explicit consent.
6. Applicable Laws
You are required to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to and use of the Site, and such further limitations as may be set forth in any written or online notice from English-Online. As a condition of your access to and use of the Site, you warrant that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the Agreement. Use of the Site is for your personal and non-commercial use, and English-Online does not grant you any express or implied rights to access or use the Site for any other purpose.
To become a English-Online member, you need to register with English-Online. When registering, you must fill in all mandatory fields with true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted in the registration form and maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. English-Online has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of its service if it suspects that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and email address you provided during the registration process, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify English-Online of any unauthorized use of your password or email address or any other breach of security.
All copyright rights in the text, user interface, and other content provided on the Site, and the selection, coordination, and arrangement of such content ("Content"), are owned by English-Online or its third-party licensors. Any reproduction, copying, or redistribution of the Content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited without English-Online's prior written consent.
10. User Content and Communications
You agree not to transmit, distribute, post, communicate or store information or other material on, to or through the Site that:
- is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner;
- infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- reveals a trade secret, unless you own it;
- is obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, sexually-explicit, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by English-Online in its sole discretion;
- is illegal or otherwise objectionable;
- constitutes advertisements or solicitations of business, surveys, contests, chain letters or pyramid schemes; or
- contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
By using this site, you understand and agree that English-Online may at any time monitor, review, use, or disclose any content or communication posted or transmitted by, to, or from you on the Site. You further understand and agree that English-Online may use or disclose any information related to you (including content or communications posted or transmitted on the Site) for any reason related to the operation of the Site, in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding activities that may be prohibited or unlawful, to exercise our legal rights under the Agreement, or otherwise to protect the rights and property of English-Online or any third party.
11. Prohibited Uses Generally
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
- register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. In accordance with these Terms of Service, English-Online will investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who are involved in such violations.
12. Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Web Sites
The Site may contain third-party owned content and links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). English-Online does not endorse, sponsor, recommend, or otherwise accept responsibility for any Linked Sites. In addition, Linked Sites are not under the control of English-Online, and English-Online is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of the Linked Sites, including, without limitation, links contained on Linked Sites or any changes or updates to Linked Sites. English-Online is providing third-party content and Linked Sites to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of such third-party content and Linked Sites is not an endorsement by English-Online in favor of any third party.
13. Notice of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide English-Online's Copyright Agent with the following information:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed;
- your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an email address if available, so that English-Online may contact you if necessary;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS." ENGLISH-ONLINE's MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER RELATING TO THE SITE, LINKED SITES, OR OTHER CONTENT THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SITE. ENGLISH-ONLINE DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ENGLISH-ONLINE DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL (a) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (b) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, (c) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE SITE, (d) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CORRECTNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF DATA MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE BY ENGLISH-ONLINE, AND (e) WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATING TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE, OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY ENGLISH-ONLINE OR ANY THIRD PARTY. FURTHER, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON.
ENGLISH-ONLINE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (a) THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE FREE FROM ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN OPERATION, OR FROM TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS; (b) THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (c) THAT DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (d) THAT THE CONTENT ON THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, AND ENGLISH-ONLINE DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THESE CHANGES.
ANY AND ALL PRICING, DELIVERY, OR CONTRACT INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO FINAL CONFIRMATION BY ENGLISH-ONLINE YOUR RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION PROVIDED SOLELY THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
15. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL ENGLISH-ONLINE OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITES, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANOTHER USER RELATED TO, ARISING FROM, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH USE OF THE SITE, YOU RELEASE ENGLISH-ONLINE FROM ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE.
These limitations apply whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if English-Online has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, English-Online's liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any User Content, any Third Party Applications, Software or Content you post or share on or through the Site (including without limitation through the Share Service), your use of the Service or the Site, your conduct in connection with the Service or the Site or with other users of the Service or the Site, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
English-Online reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to and use of the Site, with or without notice. Otherwise applicable sections of the Agreement shall survive termination.
Recipient will not use any information about the English-Online service for any purpose except to evaluate the service and provide feedback to English-Online. Recipient will not disclose any information about the English-Online service including but not limited to features, content, screen shots, members to any third party. This restriction will survive until the English-Online service becomes publicly known and is made generally available through no action or inaction of the user
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and English-Online as a result of the Agreement or your access to and use of the Site. A printed version of the Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Unless otherwise specified herein, the Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and English-Online and governs your use of the Site. If any portion of the Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
This document was last updated on Apr 19, 2020